The Copeland Scroll compressor is the result of large scale research and development efforts underway since 1979. These efforts have led to the production of the most advanced scroll compressor design currently available for air-conditioning, heat pump and medium temperature applications.
System manufacturers choose scroll compressors over other compressor technologies for several reasons: lower sound, superior efficiency and reliability, compatibility with heat pump applications and ease of design.
The ZBD range is dedicated to medium temperature refrigeration applications. Based on the unique Copeland Compliant Scroll design, the Digital modulation operates on a simple mechanism. Capacity control is achieved by separating the scroll sets axially over a small period of time. It is a simple mechanical solution allowing precise temperature control and system efficiency. Digital Scroll technology is a simple modulation solution that can easily and quickly be implemented into any existing system design as no other components are required. Digital Scroll technology provides continuous, step-less modulation from 10% to 100% with no operating envelope restriction. As a result, system pressures and temperatures are tightly controlled. These compressors provide optimum performance for condensing units, refrigeration packs and process units.
- Continuous modulation from 10–100% ensuring a perfect match of capacity and power to load
- Economical and reliable alternative to variable speed drive
- Precise suction pressure control with associated energy savings
- Stable evaporating temperatures in the refrigerated areas
- Quick and easy integration into refrigeration equipment, similar to any other scroll compressor